A quick post about the harpy's beak

Since I posted last, I've added the lower jaw and tongue.  I've painted the inside of the mouth dark blue-grey, and haven't worried too much about the colour, because it won't be very visible.  I've got the mouth only slightly open, and to be honest you can't really see that it has a tongue, never mind how good the paint is.



You can see here the inside of the mouth isn't painted or sculpted very well.  There didn't seem to be any point when it won't be visible.

I paid a lot more attention to the texture underneath the beak, and I'm relatively happy with it.  It's quite a smooth surface, but it's not too smooth.





Here's what it looks like in profile.  I'm not sure about it yet, and I think I need to see how it fits in with the rest of the facial features.






That's all for now, I'm afraid.  This has been a long week and it's only going to get worse before it gets better.  So far the highlight of my week has been getting bitten on the arse by a white-tail spider (don't click that link if you're eating), but tomorrow we have our work planning day, which will doubtless make the spider bite seem fun.  Oh well.  My next post will be about something interesting like the harpy's eyes or nose, or maybe some skin texture.  I'm really looking forward to doing those bits.

Comments